High functionality, low precious-metal content, and reliability TANAKA seeks to unlock the unlimited potential of precious metals.
Precious metals inherently possess excellent characteristics such as the following: contact reliability in harsh conditions; oxidative resistance in high temperature conditions; high activity that accelerates chemical reactions; and resistance to high-voltage discharges. To these characteristics, TANAKA adds the functions required for automotive materials and offers our customers new added value from development to function assurance.
- Materials for highly-durable spark plugs made from iridium alloys and platinum alloys
- Materials for exhaust gas sensor heaters, reactive electrodes, and lead wire formation
- Materials for multi-wire brushes and scratch brushes with high contact-reliability
- Materials for colloids, nanoparticles, electrodes, catalysts, and joining materials
Spark plug materials
- Iridium alloy chips and platinum alloy chips for the center electrode and the ground electrodes
- Low precious metal content cladding tape
Formation materials for exhaust gas sensor electrodes
- Platinum and platinum alloy paste
- Platinum plating process
- Multi-wire brushes
- Scratch brush contacts
- Small welded contacts